Family Services Ottawa (FSO) is a key provider of accessible counselling and programs supporting mental health issues, anti-violence, parenting and LGBTTQ+ to the residents of Ottawa. FSO is a values-driven organization and envisions, ‘a community where families and individuals are strong and resilient, and have the support they need to lead healthy, fulfilling lives.’ FSO is seeking a Director, Mental Health and Community Programs to join our leadership team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director Mental Health and Community Programs (Director) will contribute to the strategic planning, risk management, quality assurance and compliance in its delivery of mental health and community programs. The Director works closely with FSO leadership at all levels to support best practices; adherence to college and professional standards for counselling and psychotherapy programs; ensuring quality assurance and organizational objectives are being met; and maintaining current standards for case interventions. The Director liaises and collaborates with community partners and Ministry contacts to support FSO's achievement of service outcomes, reporting requirements and strategic plan objectives. The Director provides supervision to clinical and program management staff.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Supervising program/clinical managers
- Ensuring quality and accreditation standards are maintained in all aspects of service delivery including compliance with the Personal Health Information Act and the Regulated Health Professions Act and other related legislation
- Identifying potential program areas for development/expansion
- Developing initiatives for alternative funding, including development of funding proposals
- Overseeing and monitoring program budget
- Ensuring fulfillment of all funder's requirements, i.e. reports, etc.
- Working with community partners in developing partnership initiatives, including participation in community committees related to programming and/or for collaborative initiatives
- Maintaining current standards for provision of services, including adhering to best practice guidelines, policies and procedures
- As a member of the FSO management team, participating in organizational committees, working groups, and strategic planning
- A Master's degree in Social Work, Counselling, or equivalent
- Must be a member in good standing with a regulated health college as per current standards for practicing social work, counselling, and/or psychotherapy (i.e. CRPO, OCSWSSW)
- 5 years of related management experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability, as well as the ability to work as part of a team within the management group
- Knowledge of multiple counselling modalities and approaches normally attained through 7 - 10 years of direct counselling
- Experience with and knowledge of diagnosed mental health issues
- Experience in providing services to children and families
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation/learning ; awareness of recent developments in neuroscience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in needs analysis, program development, strategic planning
- Experience leading and managing staff in a unionized workplace
- Experience in managing program budgets, working with funders
- Bilingualism in French and English is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the network of social services in Ottawa and community program experience is an asset
- Cross-cultural experience is an asset
- Experience supporting LGBTTQ+ individuals and Rainbow families is an asset
Applications, including a resume and cover letter should be submitted on-line before April 23, 2021.
FSO is committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and welcomes all applications from qualified candidates. FSO is committed to ensuring that each individual will have genuine, open and unhindered access to employment opportunities.
Accommodations are available for applicants upon request throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please let us know.
While we thank all those interested in this opportunity, only those chosen for further advancement in the selection process will will be contacted.